Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Various updates

Someone seems to have decided that Copenhagen doesn't need anymore sun for this year. I might considering investing in an ark very soon, if things keep looking like this!

On the other hand I shouldn't complain too much lately: I will finally start university next week and I have been really looking forward to this (despite the fact that I already spent 1.700 DKK in books for the first quarter only).
Life is getting very expensive for us lately if you consider our car broke down twice since the guarantee expired (three months ago), I am starting to believe they install a timer on cars to make sure things start to explode after the expiration date.

My husband is also back to work after a 2 weeks break, so our family routine is now back to normal, to the great joy of my dog who was surely missing his 8-hours nap.

On the way to work today I discovered a new song on my mp3 (I often forget what I have saved on it) and found it incredibly beautiful, so I want to share it with you while I am here pretending I have something to do in my office and dreaming of a new, exciting job.

-

Qualcuno lassù sembra aver deciso che quest'anno abbiamo avuto abbastanza sole e per un po' non se ne riparla. Si potrebbe quasi quasi prendere in considerazione di costruire un'arca.

Comunque non posso lamentarmi troppo: finalmente inizierò l'università la settimana prossima ed è davvero da tanto che aspetto questo momento (anche se l'inizio non è stato proprio soft: i libri per il primo trimestre mi sono costati "solo" 1.700 DKK).
Ultimamente abbiamo avuto un po' di spese, specialmente se si considera che abbiamo dovuto portare a riparare la nostra macchina ben 2 volte negli ultimi tre mesi (giusto alla scadenza della garanzia, precisione svizzera!)
Inizio a pensare che le costruiscono col timer.

Mio marito è tornato al lavoro dopo due settimane di meritate ferie, quindi la nostra routine famigliare è tornata alla normalità, per la gioia del nostro cane, a cui sicuramente sono mancate le sue penniche di 8 ore mentre siamo in ufficio.

Mentre andavo al lavoro oggi ho scoperto una nuova canzone sul mio lettore mp3 (ogni tanto mi dimentico cosa ci ho caricato) e l'ho trovata davvero bella, perciò voglio condividerla con voi mentre sono qui a far finta di lavorare e sognando... un nuovo lavoro!

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds like Copenhagen is receiving similar weather to what we had last summer, here in Ontario. Was a terrible year for gardening, and at one point, I also felt an ark might be necessary. ; )
    Couldn't agree more about expiration dates on car parts. They aren't cheap, just cheaply made.

    However, it sounds like next week at school will be a whole new adventure. How very exciting for you!
    Good luck, and all the best!
    K

    ReplyDelete